|Genival and Deolinda - 1984 - Sao Marcos, Brazil|
- I love how they listed the exact time of the wedding - "ten hours and twenty five minutes".
- The witnesses, according to my dad, are my grandmother's uncle and his wife.
- I thought it was interesting that my grandmother was listed as being born in the "Federal District" until I remembered that Rio de Janeiro was the capital of Brazil at the time. Now the capital is in Brasilia, many hundreds of miles away.
- My grandfather is listed as a machinist. He was a navy man all his life, so I guess he was a machinist for the navy. I never knew that.
- My grandmother is listed as a public worker. She was an accountant for the city of Rio de Janeiro, I remember her telling me she was the first woman to have that job. She also talked about the computers they had in the late 40s and early 50s that would take up entire rooms. Now, she's on facebook. Go figure!
- They were living on the same street. The story goes that they met when grandma was 13 years old and grandpa was 19. She was just the neighbor girl. They didn't start dating until she was 18, which would have been just after my grandfather returned from serving in WWII - in which his ship was sunk (!!), or so the story goes.
According to Google Maps, they lived 98 m away from each other, which would take 15 sec to drive in a car. Unfortunately, there was no street view available for this part of Rio de Janeiro.
Source: Twelfth Division, Guanabara, marriage certificate no. B. 80, 70, entry 7.180 (2 October 1948), Genival Marinho de Macedo and Deolinda Ferreira; Parish of Irajá and Jacarepaguá, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
REPÚBLICA DOS ESTADOS UNIDOS DO BRASIL
DÉCIMA SEGUNDA CIRCUNSCRIÇÃO
ESTADO DA GUANABARA
CERTIDÃO DE CASAMENTO
Duljacy Espirito Santo Cardoso – Oficial do Registro Civil e Tabelião vitalicio da Décima
Segunda Circunscrição, Freguezia de Irajá e Jacarepaguá do Estado de Guanabara.
CERTIFICO que revendo em meu cartório o livro n. B. 80.-
de Registro de casamentos, n’ele a jolhas 70.-
acha-se lavrado o termo sob o n. 7. 180.-
do qual consta que no dia 2 de Outubro de 1948.-
às dex.- horas e vinte e cinco.- minutos, na sala dos casamentos.-
perante o Dr. Avelino José da Cunha.-
e as testemunhas Herminio Thomé de Paiva e Emerita Ferreira Paiva.-
receberam-se em matrimônio pelo regime de Comunhão de Bens: GENIVAL MARIN-
HO DE MACEDO e DEOLINDA FERREIRA.-
que passou a chamar-se DEOLINDA FERREIRA DE MACEDO.-
Êle, de nacionalidade barsileira.-
natural do Est. da Paraiba.-
nascido em 1o de Abril de 1921.-
filho de Antonio Avelino de Macedo e Leonisa Marinho de Macedo.-
estado civil solteiro.-
e residente rua Marechal Falção da Fronta, 1.365, ap. 202.-
Ela, de nacionalidade brasileira.-
natural do Distrito Federal.-
nascida em 4 de Janeiro de 1927.-
filha de José Ferreira da Fonseca e Anna Ferreria.-
estado civil solteira.-
profissão funcionária pública.-
e residente rua Marechal Falcão da Fronta, 1.457, apt 102.-
REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF BRASIL
STATE OF GUANABARA
CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE
Duljacy Espirito Santo Cardoso – Officer of the Civil Register and Notary of the Twelfth
Division, Parish of Irajá and Jacarepaguá in the State of Guanabara.
I hereby certify that in my office reviewing the book n. B. 80.-
of the Registry of Marriages, in the ????? 70.-
can be found under the ???? entry n. 7. 180.-
which states that on the day 2 of October of 1948.-
at ten hours and twenty-five minutes, in the hall of weddings.-
before Dr. Avelino José da Cunha.-
and the witnesses Herminio Thomé de Paiva and Emerita Ferreira Paiva.-
recived each other in matrimony through the communion of the bans: GENIVAL MARIN-
HO DE MACEDO and DEOLINDA FERREIRA.-
who came to call herself DEOLINDA FERREIRA DE MACEDO.-
He, of nationality brasilian.-
born in the state of Paraiba.-
born on the 1st of April of 1921.-
son of Antonio Avelino de Macedo and Leonisa Marinho de Macedo.-
marital status single.-
and residing at rua Marechal Falcção da Fronta, 1.365, ap. 202.-
She, of nationality brasilian.-
born in the Federal District.- (Rio de Janeiro)
born on the 4th of January of 1927.-
daughter of José Ferreira da Fonseca and Anna Ferreria.-
marital status single.-
profession public worker.-
and residing at rua Marechal Falcão da Fronta, 1.457, apt 102.-