04 February 2012

1880 Census - John A. Taylor Family - Harrisville, Utah

Moving back another generation!

On my way back from a meeting earlier this week I got a chance to stop by the local Family History Center for about 1/2 hour and pull up some documents I had searched for at home. Since Ancestry costs money, and I'm cheap, I just do the search at home, narrow down which entries I think might be close, then add it to my to-do list. When I get a chance to go to the Family History Library or a Center I just pull out my to-do list and gather up the documents.

Here's the 1880 Census for William Taylor's family when he was a child. His father John and mother Hannah and his siblings.
Source: 1880 U.S. Census, Plain City, Weber, Utah, population schedule, Harrisville Precinct, enumeration district (ED) ED 101, p. 2, dwelling 11, family 11, John A. Taylor Family; digital images, Ancestry (Ancestry.com : downloaded 1 February 2012); Census Index provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Transcript:

Dwelling #11, Family #11, lines 12-18

Line 12. Taylor, John A. W, M, 34, married, Farmer, pob: Texas, father pob: Kentucky, mother pob: Pensylvania.

Line 13. -----, Hannah, W, F, 31, Wife, married, Keeping House, pob: Loland Denmark, father pob: Denmark, mother pob: Denmark.

Line 14. -----, John H. W, M, 10, Son, single, at school, attended school, pob. Utah Ter., father pob: Texas, mother pob: Loland Denmark.

Line 15. -----, William, W, M, 8, Son, pob. Utah Ter., father pob: Texas, mother pob: Denmark.

Line 16. -----, Geo. T., W, M, 6, Son, pob. Utah Ter., father pob: Texas, mother pob: Denmark.

Line 17. -----, Hannah C, W, F, 4, Daughter, pob. Utah Ter., father pob: Texas, mother pob: Denmark.

Line 18. -----, Charles C, W, M, 1, Son, pob. Utah Ter., father pob: Texas, mother pob: Denmark.

Interesting:

  • Both William's mother and his wife Ada's mother are named Hannah. 
  • I now have four of William's siblings added to my tree, as well as birth places for his grandparents.
  • All the documents I have for William have different birth years, 1870, 1871, even 1884 (although I think that last one was from another William Taylor - its from a family search tree).



No comments:

Post a Comment